Following the release of the HNO Return to Hockey Framework and in accordance with local Arena Protocols , we are pleased to announce the first 3 steps of our Return to Play.
We continue to develop the steps and are confident the current steps approved by our Members will allow us to safely and successfully start the 2020-2021 Season. The steps may not look like hockey as we know it initially, but our goal is to do this right in hopes of getting back to hockey as we know it.
TBMHA Return to Play
STEP 1 - Development & Team Formation
- September 27th to late October
- Player Registration through our SportsEngine website. (Step 1 Registration is now CLOSED)
- Cost to be $75 (100% refund if Step 1 is cancelled due to COVID; 50% refund if Step 1 is cancelled with 4 or more sessions remaining when cancelled due to COVID)
- Player bubble (50 or less players) will be determined by dividing players into U15 and U18 and further dividing based on where they played in the 2019-2020 Season.
- 8 sessions scheduled over 4 weeks (15 to 20 players per ice session); sessions to be similar to early season practices
- for skill development with potential for small scrimmages at the end of the session per HNO guidelines for Stage 3 (Team Formation); on-ice sessions to be organized by TBMHA coaches while screening/documenting protocols will be handled by TBMHA volunteers/organizations.
- Coaches will be able to use the sessions for draft evaluations but limits on attendees are expected to be required due to restrictions on the number of people permitted inside arenas. Specific rules to be determined.
STEP 2 – Competition Stage
(*If restrictions are lessened and it is possible to go to Step 3 prior to November 1, Step 2 will be skipped)
- November 1st to December 31st
- Registration to be in October thru Hockey Canada Registry link on www.tbmha.com; Players from Step 1 need to re-register to participate in Step 2 (but are not obligated to continue playing if they choose); players that did not participate in Step 1 are also eligible to register for Step 2 but will be drafted without being evaluated by coaching staffs
- Cost to be determined
- Teams drafted per current TBMHA guidelines in late October into 3 team loops; teams will play 4v4 split games against other two teams. For example, teams 1, 2, and 3 will be drafted and split by their own coaches into 1A and 1B. Team 1A will play games vs 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B. Team 1A will practice with 1B
- Game play and other rules to be determined
- If Step 2 commences, it will not end early and will continue until December 31st
- No games between December 24th and January 2nd
STEP 3 - Competition Stage
- January 1st to a date to be determined
- This will be a continuation of Step 2 OR, if permitted, could combine the teams that were originally drafted and combine two 3 team loops into 6 team loops and play traditional 5v5 games
Last Updated Mon Sep 7, 2020